ARE THE TEAMS FORMED?
The Vancouver Hawks Field Hockey Club’s (VHFHC) Spring Season
program is primarily focussed on skill development, team work, making new
social connections, and having fun.
The club has two main priorities for putting together teams:
i) social cohesion
ii) maintaining a balance of new and experienced, weak and strong players on all teams.
The Club Manager assigns Age Group Coordinators to put teams together int he U11-U18 boys and girls age divisions based on these priorities, following this set of guidelines.
1. Returning players are automatically placed on their previous team.
2. Players from teams that are folding are placed on new teams based on friend requests where possible.
3. New players are placed in teams based on friend requests where possible and in order of date received.
4. Late registrations are placed on teams as space allows. Friend requests are followed wherever possible.
5. Waitlisted players are placed if there is space on any team for them.
2. DO I NEED BLACK AND RED
If your child is playing home and away games they will need the two colours to
make it easier for the umpires to differentiate between teams while they are
looking down at the turf, ball and sticks. It is very difficult to make a call
when both teams are wearing red socks. Your coach may ask you to change socks
right there on the field so please always have both your socks on hand.
3. DO I NEED TO BUY A JERSEY?
U7 Players are expected to have a Hawks t-shirt only. These may be purchased at
U12 Players are expected to have a Kukri junior reversible Jersey. These may be
purchased at registration.
U13 – U18 Players are expected to have a Kukri adult Hawks Jersey. These may be purchased through registration or they may be borrowed from the club.
If players want to borrow the loaner adult jerseys, they must provide their team manager with a $50 deposit cheque for their Kukri Club jersey at the beginning of the Season. The cheque should be made out to “Vancouver Hawks FHC’ post-dated 15 July 2018. The Team Manager returns the deposit cheque to the players when the jerseys are returned at the end of the season.